Ashley Robinson has over 15 years of commercial litigation experience. Ashley’s practice is focused on the construction industry where she primarily represents sureties, owners, general contractors, and large subcontractors in disputes on commercial construction projects. Ashley assists clients in complex construction claims related to payment, defaults, delays, termination, design errors, and construction defects.
Ashley represents sureties in matters dealing with large project defaults, owner negotiations, and, simultaneously, defending against the accompanying performance bond claims. Through this process Ashley has worked on negotiated takeovers, tenders, completion agreements, subcontractor ratifications, construction contracts, financing agreements, and collateral agreements. In addition, Ashley defends and negotiates payment bond claims made against sureties. In conjunction with project defaults, Ashley also pursues indemnity claims on behalf of sureties, from collateral demands and allowed unilateral actions under general agreements of indemnity through litigation and collection efforts against the indemnitors.
Ashley enjoys assisting construction clients through every phase of a construction project beginning with zoning and permitting, drafting and negotiating construction contracts, project completion, and construction dispute resolution when necessary. Ashley’s degree in Civil Engineering adds to her technical understanding of these practice areas. Her practical approach to resolving construction issues is geared towards protecting clients’ interests while moving intentionally to a negotiated resolution.
Ashley has presented programs for New Orleans Bar Association, Construction Law Committee and HalfMoon Education, Inc. She is currently serving as Vice-Chair of the Design and Construction Committee for the American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section. She is also serving on a committee for the Women in Construction Conference.
- All Louisiana State courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law School (J.D., B.C.L.)
- Louisiana State University (B.S., Civil Engineering)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Vice-Chair of the Design and Construction Committee